Must-Read for Executives in the Global Marketplace
The Eurasia Group’s Top Risks 2019 Report
The Eurasia Group’s Top Risks 2019 report takes a global perspective delivered in an accessible format and style.
…despite increasingly worrisome headlines, 2019 is poised to be a reasonably good year. Even, dare we say it, not a particularly politically risky year. But we’re setting ourselves up for trouble down the road. Big trouble. And that’s our top risk.
Topics include: Bad Seeds, US-China, Cyber Gloves Off, European Populism, The US at Home, Innovation Winter, Coalition of the Unwilling, Mexico. Ukraine. Nigeria. Brexit, and Red Herrings.
The Edelman Trust Barometer 2019 Report
Edelman’s Trust Barometer® is an annual global survey measuring attitudes about trust in business, government, NGOs and the media. Executive Summary here. In 2019, while non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have since the inception the the barometer been more trusted, employers are now more trusted than NGOs. Full report here.
Women Leaders and Gender Parity
Beth Hand’s Letter to U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations: Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment Act of 2018
I advocated for passage of this bill to “improve programs and activities relating to women’s entrepreneurship and economic empowerment that are carried out by the U.S. Agency for International Development” in developing countries. The bill is the Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment (WEE) Act of 2018 (H.R. 5480).
Why? Because we are humanitarians, for increased peace and security, and because if you, like me, are a female and lead a business, it’s important to advocate for other women just as others advocated for us and made our lives and businesses possible. Read my letter of thanks and encouragement to the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations to pass this bill. As of January 10, 2019, it passed. Thank you to the White House, the Senator Committee on Foreign Relations, and my Virginia senator, Senator Tim Kaine, for passing this important bill.
- Event Organizers’ Checklist for Greater Gender Parity: Clear, practical checklist from Women in Global Health to ensure greater parity for events.
- Article “It’s An Unequal World for Women in Business: How You Can Gain a Strategic Advantage” – Beth Hand, LinkedIn Pulse
- Article “How Gender Bias Hides Men Too” – Beth Hand, Huffington Post
- Article “3 Reasons Smart Women Get Workplace Backlash” – Beth Hand, Huffington Post
- Article “How Smart Business Women Get and Stay Inspired” – Beth Hand, Huffington Post
- Article “The Confidence Gap” This is the well-written The Atlantic article by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman on the differences between men and women’s confidence levels.
- Article “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All” Anne-Marie Slaughter, former Director of Policy Planning under U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, wrote this powerful The Atlantic article challenging the notion women can have it all within the current systems. She addresses half-truths that it’s possible to have it all if you are “just committed enough, marry the right person or sequence it right.” Slaughter acknowledges current reality while noting needed changes for women and for men to have more integrated, successful lives.
- Article “How These Female High-Tech Company Employees Fought for Gender Equality” In this Forbes article, MeiMei Fox does a fantastic job showing how women can start where they are, wherever they are in their company to influence and shape a more inclusive, gender-friendly culture.
We Help Mission-Driven Leaders Achieve Strategic Results
To explore how we can help you achieve strategic results, please call +1 703.820.8018 Eastern Time, USA or contact us via the web by clicking here. For a world map, clock and time zone converter, click here.