Must Reads for Future-Focused Executives
The Edelman Trust Barometer 2021 Report
Edelman’s Trust Barometer® is an annual global survey measuring attitudes about trust in business, government, NGOs and the media. You can find the full report here. These are informative and thought-provoking. However, I’ve found that they don’t stand alone–important context doesn’t convey. Youtube videos with panel discussions may be your best source for fleshing it out.
The World Happiness Report 2021
This year’s World Happiness Report looks through the lens of COVID-19’s effects with this uplifting note:
“Global life evaluations have shown remarkable resilience in the face of COVID-19.”
If you are fan of Sonja Lyubormirksky and her thought leadership on human happiness, check out Chapter 6, Social Connection and Well-Being During COVID-19.
“…multiple factors that may account for individual differences in well-being and social connection across the globe, such as seeking out COVID-19 -related information, experiencing flow during the pandemic, using social media, being from a vulnerable population, living with a partner, and having positive psychological characteristics like gratitude or resilience.”
Foreign Policy Interrupted Newsletter
FPI’s weekly newsletter highlights what’s going on around the world and in my favorite format: quick-read descriptions so you can pick and choose where to do a deeper dive. FPI is on a mission to help women foreign policy experts get by-lined.
Women Leaders and Gender Equity
- Event Organizers’ Checklist for Greater Gender Equity: Clear, practical checklist from Women in Global Health to ensure greater parity for events.
- Article “It’s An Unequal World for Women in Business: How You Can Gain a Strategic Advantage” – Beth Hand, LinkedIn Pulse
- Article “How Gender Bias Hides Men Too” – Beth Hand, Huffington Post
- Article “The Confidence Gap” This is the well-written The Atlantic article by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman on the differences between men and women’s confidence levels.
- Article “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All” Anne-Marie Slaughter, former Director of Policy Planning under U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, wrote this powerful The Atlantic article challenging the notion women can have it all within the current systems.
- Article “How These Female High-Tech Company Employees Fought for Gender Equality” In this Forbes article, MeiMei Fox does a fantastic job showing how women can start where they are, wherever they are in their company to influence and shape a more inclusive, gender-friendly culture.
We Help Mission-Driven Leaders Achieve Strategic Results
To explore how we can help you achieve strategic results, please call +1 703.820.8018 Eastern Time, USA or contact us via the web by clicking here. For a world map, clock and time zone converter, click here.